Tuesday, April 6, 2010

shooting at publix!! =o

One week ago, March 30, 2010, I was informed of a shooting at a Publix in my hometown. No, it was not the store I used to work at but it was less than 10 minutes away. There have been a few different stories of the incident, the truth I do not know. I have been telling you about some of the crazy customers, but after this, I think I need to start paying closer attention to the employees! The story off the news said that one of the employees was fired on Tuesday morning. Around 12 in the afternoon, she came back, shot, and killed a former coworker in the parking lot. After shooting him, she went inside the store and headed towards the manager but by that time police were there. She then shot at the police officer but the bullet missed him and winded his belt. The police officer then shot her and took her down. She was taken in a helicopter to the hospital and then later charged with first-degree murder. So moral of the story is, be careful who you fire. The manager would not discuss why she was fired but the news report said she held a grudge against the man she killed. The story I was told was she was stealing meat from Publix and the man she killed knew about it. She had told him that if he told on her then she would kill him. Sure enough, he told on her, she got fired, and she came back and killed him. No matter what, threats should not be taken lightly. I do not know if this story is true but it was a very sad, unfortunate day at the Tarpon Springs Publix.

No comments:

Post a Comment