Thursday, April 22, 2010

For my final blog post, I want to talk about my true feelings of working at Publix. As much as I dread going to work every day and how much some of the customers drive me crazy, it really is a great place to work. I even own a shirt that says that ha-ha. Publix has been voted on the Fortune 500’s top 100 places to work for the past 10 years. I would say that is quite an accomplishment. I have worked there for just about 4 years now and I cannot think of any of my friends who have part time jobs that they have stuck with that long. I basically get to create my own schedule. I put in an availability form where I let them know the days and hours I can work, and can resubmit it at any time. I can request off and actually get time off any time I would like. I’ve gotten a raise every 6 months since I have been working. I truly do not think it can get better than that. Publix focuses on their customer service and the people they hire really are great in the aspect. It is my co-workers that get me through each shift. Some of them have become my best friends. The majority of the people are awesome. I do not want to, but I could honestly see myself working there for the rest of my life. My goal is to get into marketing and if I continue to advance, I could get there. It is not easy to get into Publix but once you are you are set for life, I would definitely advise anyone who is looking for a job to apply.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your honest posts. I am considering Publix asan option, and appreciate the time you took to write the posts ...

    ReplyDelete