Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Beginning..

Almost four long years ago I was hired at Publix Supermarkets in Palm Harbor, Florida. Then, it was a very depressing day but now I look at it as the beginning of a very interesting experience. The thing that gets me through work every day is the customers that come through my checkout line. I never truly appreciated my customers until i transferred to the Publix in Tallahassee, Florida. Now, I must point out that in the little town of Palm Harbor where I grew up was a headquarters of the KKK years ago therefore, probably 90% of Palm Harbor is white. Tallahassee is a little bit different. Unless you are a college student my customers include ghetto African-Americans, or redneck white people. My favorite thing for customers to do is "forget their wallet". Probably at least twice a shift someone comes through with $100 worth of groceries, I ring it all up and at the end they realize they left their wallet in the car and will be back in a second. "Okay, I can save your order." I tell them. Thirty minutes later they are not back and guess who gets to put their groceries back into the store, yours truly. Throughout this blog you will hear some more of my favorite customer stories and trust me, they are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment